Saturday, March 14, 2009

I watched slumdog Millionaire again this evening.



The last word you should use to describe the movie is "awesome" because it is too good for the word awesome. Besides, it spoils the mood. The film makes you feel so much for them.


My favourite part was when Jamal kissed Latika's scar, and when she said "Run? where to? and live out of what?", then Jamal answered "Love".

Oh, and when jamal answered "I only tell the truth when asked for answers" to the question "Why do you admit to murder but not fraud?" I can't remember the exact words .__.


Happy endings are great, I feel slightly sorry for Salim's death cause he helped Jamal and Latika in the end. But then again, he had been far too evil...I change my mind. Funniest scene was when the young Jamal (ULTIMATE CUTENESS) jumped into a whole pool of shit and pee just to get the Actor's autograph. :P

The host in the show is such a hypocrite.

The real India is also much poorer than portrayed in the film.




Well, there's just ONE thing troubling me. At the end of the movie, they showed "D: it is written", I know its the answer to the question at the very start of the show, but what does it mean?

I've tried searching the internet but there were so many answers, I don't know which one to take. Ideas, anyone?



Jai Ho, by A R Rahman, won an oscar.

(young Jamal dancing with young latika = adorable!)

Anna sent me THIS LINK just this afternoon, watch it, its hilarious! A remake of Jai Ho by a group of Temasek poly students. I wonder how they managed to do the dances on the mrt and bus???




Lastly, this song is deeply moving.

Latika's theme.



Enjoy :D

No comments: